There’s nothing quite like seeing a Christmas tree all aglow to celebrate the season’s spirit. Lights are an essential part of decorating and your choice of colours can set the tone for spreading festive cheer. Why not let your Christmas tree make a colourful statement this year? Check out our guide to decorating your Christmas centrepiece with coloured lights below.
How Do You Decorate a Tree With Colored Lights?
Here at Balsam Hill, we offer innovative solutions to make lighting up the star of your Christmas decorations as easy as possible. Our LED light strings come in the best Christmas light colours and make manually stringing lights convenient and fuss-free. You may also choose from our wide range of pre-lit Christmas trees that come professionally pre-strung, so all you must do is plug in your tree to instantly spread some Christmas cheer.
Best Christmas Light Colours for Your Tree
From classic choices to the latest in cutting-edge technology, Balsam Hill offers the best coloured lights for Christmas trees.
- Clear LED Lights – Evoke the nostalgia and warm glow of traditional Christmas trees with energy-efficient LED bulbs that mimic the golden gleam of candlelight.
- Colour-Changing Lights – Enjoy the flexibility of switching between a classic display or a magical showcase of colourful lights. Create the best Christmas light colour combinations with a light type that allows you to combine clear and coloured bulbs.
- App-Controlled Lights – Create your own Christmas light show with the best colour-changing Christmas lights. Fully customisable right from a mobile app on your phone, you can map the colours, light speed, and even set your magical display to music.
Best Coloured Christmas Lights for Your Home
Find the best coloured Christmas lights for your house from Balsam Hill and create the perfect Christmas display. Decorate both interior and exterior spaces to echo the festive feel of your Christmas tree.
- Warm White – Welcome guests with classic Christmas lights hung from porch beams or wound around railings. These lights offer a subtle glow perfect for lighting up exterior spaces at night, or to warm up common gathering areas like dens and living rooms.
- Multicoloured – Red, green, and white bulbs make a festive and welcoming display. Wrap them on porch railings, drape them on shrubbery, or use them to light up wreaths and garlands.
- Twinkly – Become the most festive house on the block by putting on your very own Christmas light show. Customise light colour, speed, and other effects right from your mobile phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about using coloured lights on your Christmas tree.
Are Coloured Christmas Tree Lights Tacky?
When done well, coloured Christmas lights are a delight during the Christmas season. Choose tree lights that allow you to dim their brightness or even switch or combine them with plain or classic warm white lights to help you customise your colourful display.
What Is the Most Popular Christmas Light Colour?
Classic golden hues remain the most popular colour for their comforting glow, but traditional Christmas hues red and green are also the favoured choice for a livelier display. Blue and icy white lights are also a trendy combination, especially when paired with silver baubles.
Can You Mix Coloured and White Christmas Lights?
Yes, you can. Like your choice of Christmas baubles, the lights on your tree are largely a matter of personal preference. Explore all the different lighting options available to see which one suits your Christmas décor and personal style the best. Consider matching the colours of your tree lights to your home’s aesthetic or to complement your chosen Christmas tree theme.