A Christmas tree display is not complete without the quintessential Christmas tree topper. Whether you're going for a traditional star topper or prefer a more modern look, Balsam Hill®® has the high-quality tree topper you're looking for.
What Is the Most Popular Christmas Tree Topper?
Star tree toppers are the most popular toppers you'll find across the globe. They range from the classic 5-point star to more elaborate designs and are usually fitted with a mounting pole base. However, there are other variations of tree toppers to match your theme of choice. Here are some common options:
- Angel tree toppers are elegant figurines dressed in richly coloured robes made with luxurious materials. Their conical base typically fits the shape of treetops.
- Bouquet tree toppers are arrangements composed of nature-inspired elements such as faux flowers, berries, leaves, assorted foliage, and sometimes decorated with sparkly details for an enchanting effect.
- Christmas figure tree toppers feature well-loved characters like Father Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, and Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer as festive accents for your Christmas tree.
- Oversized bow tree toppers are made of decorative fabric or ribbons artfully arranged to make a stylish statement on top of your centrepiece.
- Finial Christmas tree toppers are decorative, elongated accents placed at the top of the tree. These tree toppers add polish to Christmas trees with contemporary-themed decorations.
How Do You Choose a Tree Topper?
When choosing tree toppers for Christmas, go through the following steps to ensure you find the right match for your display:
- Take note of your ceiling height.
It's important to have enough space between the end of your tree topper and the ceiling. To make sure you get a perfectly sized topper, first measure the distance between the top of your tree and the ceiling. Subtract 6 inches from that measurement. The difference is the maximum height of tree topper you should get.
- Determine your decorating theme.
Your tree topper should complement the overall theme of your Christmas tree decorations. Classic tree toppers such as angels, stars, or Christmas figures are great choices for a traditional display. Meanwhile, contemporary decorating themes usually look best with tree toppers that have sleek designs.
- Consider the height and profile of your Christmas tree.
The size of your tree topper should also be proportional to that of your tree. If you have a standard-sized tree measuring up to 7.5 feet tall, opt for a small tree topper. On the other hand, a large tree topper is ideal for taller Christmas trees that make a statement. Go for a star, angel, or bow topper for full-shaped trees, and complement slim trees with elegant toppers.
- Check the weight of the topper.
Lightweight tree toppers are usually made of paper, plastic, fabric, or fabric composites. On the other hand, heavier toppers are often made from metal, glass, or shells. These may bend the branches of your tree top, or fall off without enough support.
How Do You Secure a Christmas Tree Topper?
Balsam Hill® offers a durable yet stylish tree topper stabilisation kit that gives additional support for your tree topper. Our extension kit comes with a thick gauge metal rod, extra green- and white-coloured branch tips for added fill, and plastic zip ties to keep your tree topper secure until it's time to disassemble.
A well-chosen tree topper will pull the whole look of your decorated tree together. Complete your seasonal decorating set with our wide assortment of Christmas collectibles and premium home décor.
For any questions or concerns, our Customer Service Team is always ready to assist you. Looking for more tips on how to choose your Christmas tree decorations? Read our helpful guide here.