9 - 10 Foot Christmas Garlands
Balsam Hill’s artificial Christmas garlands are elongated arrangements of greenery usually embellished with seasonal colours and decorations. You may also enjoy them undecorated if you admire the simple charm of evergreens.
Balsam Hill offers 5 to 10 ft Christmas garlands which you can connect to cover the spaces you want to decorate. In this size range, 9 ft Christmas garlands are a popular choice for adorning doors, archways, and tabletops. Learn more about how you can use them to dress up your home.
Best Places to Decorate with 9 to 10 Foot Christmas Garlands
- Doors – Garlands are a staple Christmas door decoration. Balsam Hill’s 9 ft Christmas garlands are ideal for decorating wider archways and double doors. If you want the garland to extend until the bottom of your door, measure the width and height of your door frame first before you buy another garland to connect. Balsam Hill offers shorter 6 to 6.5 ft garlands so you can customize them to your desired length for a perfect fit.
- Entryways – Breathe life into your foyer, archways, and entrance pillars by draping them with festive 9 foot garlands and longer. If you wish to hang it in a line or drape them along the wall, use 1.5 to 2 feet of garland for every 1 foot of draping space. If you’re wrapping garland around a pillar, measure the height of the pillar first and use twice as much length of foliage as the height of the object.
- Mantels – Garlands are usually placed on the mantel shelf but will also look great when hung on the overmantel or used to frame a mirror or artwork. For flat surfaces like these, the rule of thumb is to allot 2 feet on each end to hang off the edge, for a look that falls naturally.
- Staircase Banister or Fence – Spruce up staircases and fences around your home by layering different kinds of garlands. For instance, you can use a simple, undecorated garland as the first layer, then add a vibrant decorated Christmas garland for visual interest. This will add depth and impact to your display.
- Windows – Make your interiors merry and bright by adorning your window frames with Christmas garlands. Elevate the look by placing a matching Christmas wreath in the middle, but make sure that its size fits within the window frame.
- Bedroom – Cosy up your place of retreat with 9 ft pre lit Christmas garland Hang it on the wall above your bed or let it drape naturally over the headboard. Create a magical space of your own with their twinkly lights all aglow at night.
- Long Tables or Sideboards – Create an elegant and inviting tablescape by using a 9 ft garland with lights as your centrepiece. 9 ft garlands are ideal for standard table lengths of 60 inches or 5 feet, seating 4 to 6 people. This allows for 2 feet of garland to fall naturally on each end of the table.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the benefits of 8-10 ft artificial Christmas garlands?
8-10 ft artificial Christmas garlands create a dramatic look with their length, allowing them to cover larger spaces. They’re also versatile enough to be draped along banisters, wrapped around columns or poles, hung along walls, or used as a centrepiece on a long table.
What are the most popular colour families of artificial Christmas garlands?
The most common colour families for Christmas garlands include traditional colours like red, green, and gold, while modern combinations with metallic shades, winter-inspired hues, and multicolour options are also becoming popular.
What types of 8-10 ft artificial Christmas garlands are available?
From traditional undecorated evergreens to pre-lit and pre-decorated designs, you can find the perfect garland to fit any theme at Balsam Hill.
How easy is it to install 8-10 ft artificial Christmas garlands?
You can easily drape garlands on a mantel or any flat surface as decoration. Some also come pre-lit with lights so you can just hang them right out of the box. If you’re hanging them from the ceiling, stairs, or door frame, use hooks or garland ties to secure them.