Christmas Bauble Sets: Glass, Colors, Metal, and More
Turn your dream Christmas display into reality with Balsam Hill’s stunning baubles. Embellish your artificial tree with festive tree decorations made from glass, metal, and more. Let these elegant Christmas bauble sets inspire your decorating theme this season.
How Do You Decorate a Christmas Tree with Bauble Sets?
After finding your perfect tree, the next step is to decide on a theme. Are you going for a rustic and traditional look? Look for Christmas tree bauble sets that effortlessly blend neutrals with shades of red, green, and gold. Decorating a tree with frosted foliage? Complete your winter wonderland theme with glass Christmas tree baubles and metallic accents.
Make sure to consider your display area, aside from the decorating theme. For instance, if you’re short on space, we recommend starting with Christmas trees under 6 feet and mini bauble sets. Read more about what to consider with our ultimate guide to christmas tree decorations.
What Should You Consider When Buying Christmas Tree Decoration Sets?
Make sure you check for the following things before buying tree décor:
1. Christmas Tree Size
Find the ideal ratio between the number of baubles and the size of your Christmas tree. That’s the key to have a polished seasonal display. Aside from the number of baubles used, make sure that your baubles’ sizes are proportional to the size of your tree. For more details, use our christmas tree decorations calculator.
2. Christmas Tree Shape
When shopping for beautiful Christmas baubles, keep the shape of your tree in mind. full trees have a wide silhouette. The lush foliage and sturdy branches can support several baubles of different sizes. Meanwhile, sparse trees leave room for bigger baubles in between branches. For slim trees, we recommend a lighter coverage to avoid weighing them down.
Baubles for Christmas trees can be used more than once even if you choose different decorating themes every year. Combine various pieces or add new accents to give your display a refreshed look season after season. Many artificial Christmas tree decorations can also be repurposed. Place them in a bowl to make a festive centrepiece or shelf décor. Use them with wreaths and garlands, too.
How Do You Store Christmas Tree Baubles?
When putting away tree décor for safekeeping, carefully place them in Balsam Hill’s storage boxes with compartments. These are designed to keep them in good condition until the next season. Make sure to place the boxes in a clean, dry storage area to protect them from the elements.
What Materials are Used to Create Baubles?
Some of the popular materials for high-quality Christmas tree decorations are glass, metal, wood, and more. Read on to learn how to properly choose which type of bauble is perfect for you.
- Glass – The most common and versatile out of all materials, glass Christmas baubles come in different shapes like balls and icicles. They also add a subtle shimmer to your tree when they catch the light.
- Metal – Contemporary designs use metal and iron. Some examples are snowflakes, deer antlers, and family crests. They weigh lighter than the others, making them perfect for sparse or slim trees.
- Capiz – Capiz shell baubles add nature-inspired elegance to your tree décor. They are often opaque which brings a beautiful pearlescent glow to your tree. Angels, stars, and snowflakes are just some of the common shapes they come in.
- Wood – Christmas baubles made from wood are perfect for rustic themes. They bring a charming countryside look to any type of Christmas tree. Most DIY baubles also use wood as the base material since it is widely accessible and can be easily hand painted.
- Fabric – Another take on rustic baubles, Christmas décor made with fabric often features miniature Christmas stockings, reindeers, and ice skates. Use these to add a cosy touch to your cabin or woodland-inspired theme.
Where Can I Buy Good Christmas Baubles?
Balsam Hill offers premium-quality Christmas tree bauble collections curated by experts. Finish your picture-perfect display with our tree toppers, skirts or collars, and other trim.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the history of Christmas baubles?
The first glass baubles were made in Germany in the 18th century. They became a commercial success in Europe and were eventually brought over to the United States.
What are the benefits of buying a Christmas bauble set from Balsam Hill?
Balsam Hill offers a variety of styles and colours, so you can find the perfect bauble set that suits your style. Plus, our sets are easy to set up and store.
How do I know which Christmas bauble set is right for me?
Here are some things to consider when choosing Christmas baubles:
- Decorating theme
- Size and quantity